Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Extinct Print:
I wanted to share a print I did in 2002. This was an experiment I was trying for an exhibit called 'Zoo' in Flint, MI at the Buckham Gallery (which was later renamed and rethemed to just be an 'open call for entries'...but only AFTER I did a 'Zoo' piece). The piece is made up of 18 three inch linoleum block prints which I printed with water based ink on velum mylar. Because of the transparent nature of the mylar, I was able to hand color each mini-print using markers (a hodge podge of Charpak & Prismacolor) Below I arranged the individual mini prints in the same configuration as the original above, but so that you can click on each one for more detail.









Upcoming Appearances:
New York Comic Con (Archaia booth): Oct 8-10
Mid-Ohio Con: Nov. 6-7

4 comments:

Kent Heidelman said...

Wooo, lots of work this post, all those little thumb nails and links.
Thank you.

Hard to pick a favorite, they all have so much character, but I really like the first one and the last two.

It's nice to see your old stuff along with the current Mouse Guard projects.

-Kent

Alex Sheikman said...

That is awesome!

Jesse Hutchinson said...

The chameleon and goat are my favorites. They have lots of personality and look classy to boot!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I know I haven't commented on here in awhile now, I've been busy with school:P. But I looked on and saw this, and its amazing! I love the transparent look of it! I still need to stop by my local comic book store and pick up the legends of the guards. I don't no if you remember but a long time ago you mentioned I might be able to buy a sketch book off you. I'll send you an email more about it. By the way the fox ustream looks awesome!
Thanks DAB
P.S. I cant remember when is black axe coming out?

Blog Archive