Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Free Comic Book Day:
I am still nailing down my plans for a Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) appearance, but I do know for certain that Archaia is doing another FCBD flip-book. Last year they published a Fraggle Rock/Mouse Guard issue...This year it will be a Dark Crystal/Mouse Guard issue! The Mouse Guard story is 6 pages long and to the left is the cover for my side (the other side will feature a Brian Froud Dark Crystal cover!) Free Comic Book Day is May 7th this year, and I encourage you to go try some books you wouldn't otherwise try & try and get some of your non-comics-reading friends to tag along too.

More Fraggle Fun:
To celebrate the release of Fraggle Rock Vol.2 Issue 1 (Cover B has my artwork which I featured last week on the blog showing my process), Just for fun I drew a Fraggle excited about the new issue and tweeted it. I was honored when the folks at Archaia & Henson retweeted it. The plan was for me to do a Fraggle story in Volume 2 of the series, but because of my Black Axe schedule, it wasn't possible, so fingers crossed sales of Fraggle books warrant a third volume!

The Fraggle I drew for the promo is my finished concept for a Fraggle puppet I started building last spring. His name is Gib (my paternal Grandfather's nickname). The hair, goatee and glasses are all just placed on with no adhesive at the moment (in fact the glasses are my every day glasses) After Black Axe is finished I hope to be able to finish the Gib puppet with the finished features and clothing shown in the drawing.


2011 Appearances
C2E2: March 18-20
Phoenix Comic Con: May 26-29
Cherry Capital Con: June 25-26
San Diego Comic Con: July 20-24
Baltimore Comic Con: Aug. 20-21
New York Comic Con: Oct. 14-16

9 comments:

houseofduck said...

Did you make your fraggle from a pattern or is it all your own design?

Ken O said...

The fraggle looks great!
So does that cover. Love it.

DPetersen said...

Houseofduck: it's a modified series of patterns from project puppet

Mr.Craig said...

Dude Free comic book day in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. You can hang out at Rainbow comics and sign stuff. Call them you should be there!

Sareidia said...

Fez... bowtie... crazy hair - OMG! Your muppet is the 11th Doctor!

Anonymous said...

The Legends of the Guard hardcover has just been released in the UK by Titan. I'm really disappointed that they've adopted the appalling new Archaia spine logo design. Being a continuity freak it looks stupid next to my other MG books. Oh well at least the book itself is ten billion shades of awesome! Bring on Vol 2 and Black Axe!

Brandon said...

David - I'm soooo happy that we have another Mouse Guard FCBD this year! I can't wait!

thebigguyinSF said...

Anyone who makes a Fraggle has my vote!

thebigguyinSF said...

Anyone who can make a Fraggle has my vote!

Blog Archive