Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Animal Farm

Back in January, I drew a propaganda-esque image of Napoleon from George Orwell's Animal Farm using a quote from the book: "It was as though the world had turned upside-down...There was nothing there now except a single Commandment. It ran: ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS." I know Animal Farm is an allegory about Communism, but I think the sentiments about corrupt leaders, rule manipulation, forced inequality, and hypocrisy can be used as a warning for many-a-circumstance

At a time when I was hearing from some fans on social media that they didn't think I should talk politics but post art instead, I decided to illustrate a powerful quote from a 70+ year-old book that would speak louder than my own type. The social media posts were shared, liked, & retweeted. The original art (left) was offered up for sale with 100% of the proceeds going to the ACLU.

I have made the poster available in 2 FREE variations: Classroom & Protest with links to the High-Res 11"x17" .PDFs for you to download, print,
and use for your classroom, library, home, office, or march.


Classroom Poster

High res Poster file:








Protest Poster

High res Poster file:


2017 Appearances: 
San Diego Comic Con: July 19-23
Baltimore Comic Con: Sept. 22-24

4 comments:

Ivan said...

Hi,
Great poster! Links do not work on my computer (Dropbox 403 error). Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Cheers,
Ivan

DPetersen said...

Ivan: Both links work for me...I've gone back and updated the links though just to be safe.

Ivan said...

David,
All is working now! Thanks again!
Cheers,
Ivan

MK Buike said...

Thanks very much for your generous sharing of this art.

Blog Archive